San Diego Residential Roofing
Modified Bitumen (MB) Torch Down Roofing is an asphalt-based, close cousin of the Built-up-Roof (BUR) roofing systems designed for buildings with low-slope or "flat" roofing structures.
Engineered modified bitumen roofing membranes originated in Europe in the mid 1960's and have been used successfully in the United States since approximately 1975. Mineral-surfaced MB products are typically furnished with white granules, but are also available in designer colors to match asphalt shingles or to otherwise compliment the building design.
Some of the benefits of MB are:
- Proven track record of performance
- Superior waterproofing characteristics
- Broad range of application methods
- Wide choice of top-surfacing, including "Cool Roofing" options
- With insulation, provides an even better-performing building component
- Available as part of a fire, wind, and/or hail rated roofing system
- Competitive life-cycle cost
- Long-term warranties are available with many MB systems
If you are interested in learning more about the roofing systems that RC Roofing offers, please contact us.
Getting started is easy.
Call (858) 274-8920
for our free, no hassle estimate